Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari could not download the file “Unknown” because the disk doesn’t have enough free space. I keep getting this message when I download from Safari, but I have more than plenty space. Anyone has solutions?

Safari could not download the file “Unknown” because the disk doesn’t have enough free space. I keep getting this message when I download from Safari, but I have more than plenty space. Anyone has solutions? I have a MacBook Pro

Thanks

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 12:09 PM

I have this question too. This issue started for me after removing OS Monterey and reinstalling Big Sur and doing a restore from Time Machine. My user permissions are correctly set to read & write.

8 replies

Jan 10, 2022 6:59 PM in response to David Best1

I had the same problem after doing a restore from time machine. After checking my computer for updates I found that in addition to the suggestion to update to the new Mac OS, there was also "another update available" (displayed as a link in blue text) which was for Safari 15.2.

After installing the Safari update, internet downloads are working again for me.

Safari could not download the file “Unknown” because the disk doesn’t have enough free space. I keep getting this message when I download from Safari, but I have more than plenty space. Anyone has solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.