Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal lines on iPhone 11 Pro Max

I had an iPhone just a few days ago as a gift from my friend. On my second day with the phone, I started seeing horizontal lines on the screen. The thing is when I took a screenshot and sent it to my friend, the lines don’t seem to appear on the photo. I tried to reset the settings, erase all content, restart, update to latest IOS version (15) and all basic troubleshooting steps but still the lines are here. Hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:17 PM

If you took a screenshot and do not see the lines, then it is a hardware error with the screen or digitizer. Use the Get Support link a the top of the page here and speak with Apple Support to arrange for service. Taking a screenshot is the best way to determine the difference between a screen issue and something else. If the lines appeared in the screenshot it would be something with the iOS, but this is hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 7:17 PM in response to rafaela26_

If you took a screenshot and do not see the lines, then it is a hardware error with the screen or digitizer. Use the Get Support link a the top of the page here and speak with Apple Support to arrange for service. Taking a screenshot is the best way to determine the difference between a screen issue and something else. If the lines appeared in the screenshot it would be something with the iOS, but this is hardware.

Horizontal lines on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.