Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone experiencing a slow response from Logic Pro 10.7?

I opened Logic this morning to a new version (10.7) and although playback is normal the responsiveness is not smooth for instance (but not exclusively) when adjusting EQ bands in an EQ. I first noticed it with FF Pro Q3 but tried the Logic Channel EQ and it is also janky. The problem persists after restart. Anyone else having this problem and has anyone discovered a solution?

I am using Big Sur 11.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 2:50 AM

OK I take it all back. This time I actually found the real problem. It's iZotope RX 7 voice de-noise. For some reason it's ok if I add it manually but if it comes in as part of a channel strip setting it blows up logic.

Similar questions

11 replies

Oct 21, 2021 1:35 AM in response to Pancycle

OK so I solved my problem. In my project I accidentally had loaded a channel strip that I use for voice over editing that had stereo plug-ins (people sometimes send stereo files that edit and convert to mono later) on a mono channel with a mono file. Even after individually changing the plug-ins to mono the performance was still slow. However once I reset the channel strip and then individually reloaded new, mono plug-ins to replace the ones I had that were stereo the problem went away.

One odd thing I have found is that when I loaded another mono channel strip that I made for voice overs onto the mono channel the problem persisted. This makes me think that the second mono channel strip I chose was originally stereo and then I converted the plug-ins individually to mono within the project and then saved the channel strip. Make sense? Maybe it is a stretch but it seems that changing the plug-in state from stereo to mono and then saving it as a part of a channel strip is causing a problem.

I'll finish by emphasizing that if I rebuild the channel strip from scratch using mono plug-ins the problem is gone. It is also not a question of native versus third-party plug-ins because all of my plugins are third-party in this case.

Everyone have a great day.

Anyone experiencing a slow response from Logic Pro 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.