Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro x is lagging when connected to interface

A few days ago Logic (vers. 10.6.2.) started lagging when connected to my Steinberg UR22mkii interface. Never had the problem before.

Logic works fine, when running it without connected to the interface tho..

I can see that Logic just auto-updated from 10.6.1. to 10.6.2 the other day...could that be the problem...?

I tried re-installing both the software for my interface and Logic, but its still lagging.

I'm using a

MacbookAir 2015

Catalina 10.15.7

1,6Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Intel HD Grapichs 6000 1536MB

Can anybody help with this???

MacBook Air

Posted on May 4, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 1:58 AM

Yooo, just found another thread where my exact problem is described!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252718856?answerId=255118430022#255118430022

And seems like ur the one who solved that as well!

So im gonna try deleting the midi-ports (or what ever they are called - its the key-rig49) that I have a couple of as well!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 1:58 AM in response to Pancenter

Yooo, just found another thread where my exact problem is described!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252718856?answerId=255118430022#255118430022

And seems like ur the one who solved that as well!

So im gonna try deleting the midi-ports (or what ever they are called - its the key-rig49) that I have a couple of as well!

May 4, 2021 11:51 AM in response to nikolaj1995

1. Upper Left Logic Pro menu/Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except Key Commands.
  2. Warning: You will lose any custom settings
  3. Restart the computer, run Logic select Logic's Preferences to your Previous settings and see if things have improved.
  4. If not go to step 5
  5. Same menu/Control Surfaces, try Bypassing All Control Surfaces... if that helps you will at least know where the problem lies

May 5, 2021 1:44 AM in response to Pancenter

Hey, thanks for the help!!!

Reseting the pref. didn't help, but bypassing control surfaces did actually stop the lagging! But when I close Logic and run it again it lags... so I have to bypass every time....

Im really not an expert on these things, and I don't know what the effect of the Control surfaces are and 'where' the problem lies... So can u help me through the next 'step'?

Cheers

Nikolaj

Logic pro x is lagging when connected to interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.