You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari documents and data

Seems this is too difficult for Apple. Here’s a pic of my iPad showing 5gb of documents and data. This is NOT on my iPhone, though same account. Surely there must be a way to clear this. Everything you read explains about clearing cache etc etc. A lot of articles don’t seem to even understand the question. As you can see this 5gb is using a large amount of my space, and as someone said I can’t even delete the app!!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 4:26 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2021 7:00 AM in response to Tony Rees

Greetings, Tony!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue clearing the Documents and Data on your iPad. If you have followed the steps in this article to Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and checked to be sure Safari is off in iCloud according to the steps in this article to Change your iCloud feature settings and still have an issue, we would recommend reaching out to Apple directly by checking out this link to Get Support and they will be more than happy to proceed with additional steps.

Take care!

Oct 20, 2021 8:34 AM in response to AppleJen77

Thanks for your reply, but I’m afraid as usual it does not help. All the articles you mention in fact everything on Apple discusses Safari, data, cache which everyone knows how to delete. As you can see in my attached picture there is a section call “Documents and Data”. Which shows 5gb. Apple does not mention it at all. It’s like it doesn’t exist. Most magazine help all follow the same explanations. It is very strange. I know from past postings I’m not the only one with this problem, but so far the only real “help” when someone actually discusses the Documenta and Data I’m talking about is - leave it - it will go away when Apple decides to clear it. Well it’s been a while now ….

Safari documents and data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.