Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use an mp3 as main ringtone on iPhone 13

Hi, Just got my iPhone 13 Pro Max ad I wanted to get the vintage ringtone I used with my android phone. It's an .mp3 file.

How can I use it as my main ringtone on the iPhone 13?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:22 AM

I tried but my Apple devices all use Music and not iTines. Music does not let me access ringtones at all. Also, when I connect the iPhone to my Mac via USB it shows up in Finder's devices column but clicking on it will only show me a sync window with options for music, photos, movies, files etc but no ringtones.

I did convert the mp3 to AAC and changed the extension to .m4r but that's all I can do.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 11:22 AM in response to razmee209

I tried but my Apple devices all use Music and not iTines. Music does not let me access ringtones at all. Also, when I connect the iPhone to my Mac via USB it shows up in Finder's devices column but clicking on it will only show me a sync window with options for music, photos, movies, files etc but no ringtones.

I did convert the mp3 to AAC and changed the extension to .m4r but that's all I can do.

Oct 19, 2021 11:01 AM in response to carlosnino

carlosnino wrote:

Hi, Just got my iPhone 13 Pro Max ad I wanted to get the vintage ringtone I used with my android phone. It's an .mp3 file.
How can I use it as my main ringtone on the iPhone 13?

create it via iTunes https://www.wikihow.com/Set-a-Song-As-Your-Ringtone-on-iPhone

you can also create it via garageband, I don't have the info for that but google will.

How to use an mp3 as main ringtone on iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.