Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a pop up on my computer that says "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage your computer. I hit OK but the pop up will not go away. Can you help?

I have a pop up on my computer that says "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage your computer. I hit OK but the pop up will not go away. Can anyone help?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:18 AM

About a year ago, HP accidentally canceled some security certificates that let their software work on Macs. That would cause that error you see if your HP software has not been updated in a year or two.

HP's KB article on the subject is here:

HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS)

with steps including deleting the troublesome version before reinstalling the newer version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 11:18 AM in response to kimbutler2753

About a year ago, HP accidentally canceled some security certificates that let their software work on Macs. That would cause that error you see if your HP software has not been updated in a year or two.

HP's KB article on the subject is here:

HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS)

with steps including deleting the troublesome version before reinstalling the newer version.

I have a pop up on my computer that says "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage your computer. I hit OK but the pop up will not go away. Can you help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.