You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add bmw key into wallet

i have reset my phone for several times and also reset the bmw digital key; but i still cannot add to apple wallet; and activation for the key card is working, so the problem is the apple wallet; don't know how to fix that

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:05 PM

I have checked everything is fine, and the only problem is when the car key add to the wallet, the error message shows every time. I even reset my phone but the problem didn’t get solved

15 replies

Dec 8, 2021 9:48 AM in response to dwyane258

I had this same issue and tried pretty much everything: logging in/out of Apple ID, resetting the infotainment system in the car, rebooting phone, car etc. In the end I turned out to have a general issue where I could not add new cards to my Apple Pay Wallet. I resolved it by (it sounds so simple now) setting the phone in airplane mode, disabling wifi and bluetooth and then re-enabling the same. After this I could add new cards in the wallet and also enable the digital key through the My BMW app.

Oct 20, 2021 12:10 PM in response to dwyane258

Hello dwyane258!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We know how important it is to be able to use all the features on your new iPhone. We're happy to see how we can help. 

You've done some great troubleshooting up to this point. To begin, verify that your iPhone is up-to-date with the latest version of iOS 15. You can do this by following the steps in this article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, take a look at the steps in this article to be sure that you've covered all the basics: Use your iPhone or Apple Watch as a car key.

If you're still receiving the same error message after completing those steps you'll want to reach out to the Apple Support phone advisors for more help. This article will provide you with a list of Apple phone numbers from around the world: Contact Apple for support and service.

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2021 2:16 PM in response to dwyane258

Hi dwayne258,

Thanks for letting us know the troubleshooting that you've completed up to this point.

With the message still appearing, the next step will be to reach out to the Apple Support phone advisors for more assistance. You can find the contact number for your country or region in this article: Contact Apple for support and service.

All the best.

Dec 5, 2021 3:36 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thanks for the advice but no go. Do you have any other suggestions before I give up?

On a maybe related/maybe unrelated note, after connecting iPhone to CarPlay and using apple maps, my Apple Watch started to go crazy. Thereafter my Apple Watch does not hold a charge and goes dead after an hour. Could be a weird coincidence but I think it might be related to connecting to the car. Should I try resetting my Apple Watch?

Dec 22, 2021 6:13 PM in response to MartinPersson

Update: was finally able to get the digital key added to my wallet.

Went to Apple and they didn’t find any issues with the NFC, but they wiped the iPhone and reinstalled iOS. I returned all my settings and apps from backup…still didn’t work. So I wiped my phone and set it up as a new device. First thing I did was download the BMW app and tried adding digital key…finally did the trick. Must have been something in my settings or an app.

Cannot add bmw key into wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.