Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time password on old phone

I got a new IPhone 13+. Transferred all my data from my IPhone7. I’m trying to erase and reset my old phone. It does not recognize my screen time password or Apple id. It is now locked for 60 minutes. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct code and Apple id.

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:39 PM

Well, you may be 100% certain, but the phone is sure that you are not using the correct screen time password (which is NOT your screen unlock passcode). But if all you want to do is erase the phone you don’t need the Screen Time passcode→What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 5:39 PM in response to VinoBrewski

Well, you may be 100% certain, but the phone is sure that you are not using the correct screen time password (which is NOT your screen unlock passcode). But if all you want to do is erase the phone you don’t need the Screen Time passcode→What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Oct 20, 2021 1:16 PM in response to VinoBrewski

VinoBrewski wrote:

“Sign out is not available due to restrictions”
is the message below the greyed (non clickable) sign out

i fully understand links and procedures. The “restrictions” that is being referred to above has to do with screen time. I’m just gonna take both phones (old and new) to the Verizon store and get them to do it.

Good luck with that.

Screen time password on old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.