Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing with new phone

Hi, I got a new phone. I unpaired my watch from my old phone but didn't turn off the activation lock. It's now asking for the apple ID and password used to set up the watch. I've tried every combination that it could be but it still is saying that it's incorrect. I logged in online to the cloud and tried to erase the watch from my account but that won't work until it has internet - which I can't connect to. Is anyone able to give me some idea what I can do - Thanks

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:29 PM

Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 5:29 PM in response to aliesha145

Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Oct 20, 2021 1:29 AM in response to aliesha145

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Pairing with new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.