Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 12 Max pro suck?

I’m new to iPhone community and my experience this past 11 months have been an a absolute NIGHTMARE.

1. MY IPHONE takes FOREVER to update an app sometimes taking 24 hours or more. After sleuthing online I found that if I turn off the phone and turn it back on it should work - that’s just a band aide solution that I find myself doing EVERY OTHER DAY otherwise the phone fully freezes.

i have restored my phone as new and redid everything as a new iPhone without restoring from iCloud- the problem still persists.

i have logged out and in to my Apple ID - the problem still persist.

i have changed my Apple ID from my long-standing aol email (from my iPod days) to a google one - the problem still persists.

2. My phone does not back up to the cloud. I have upgraded the limit multiple times I leave the phone plugged in and nothing the phone does not back up (not even on iTunes)

3. My phone is constantly freezing. I can be on an app and it’ll just stay frozen like a windows 95 window. Sometimes I can’t even turn off my phone because it’s frozen. I have to wait a while and then turn it off and turn it back in and it starts working.

i have had This issue with my initial iPhone which went into black screen and when I went to the Genius Bar they said it’s because it wasn’t fully charged but even they couldn’t solve the issue of turning it back on so they had to hard reset the phone meanwhile I lost 6 months of pictures and video on my now 1 year old nephew.

mind you this phone charges on an Apple cord with an Apple plug I had to pay for myself since it didn’t come in the box. When that phone started exhibiting the symptoms above I called Apple support and they sent me to the Apple store to get a warranty exchange (which is this phone) but the problems still persists.

so I ask why does my iPhone suck?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:58 PM

Maryinmiami Said:

"Why does my iPhone 12 Max pro suck?: I’m new to iPhone community and my experience this past 11 months have been an a absolute NIGHTMARE. [...]Yep these were all the solutions I’ve been given throughout the year by various support calls or google searches… the problem persists."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If this is 11 months old, see if you can get this serviced, free-of-charge. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 10:58 PM in response to Maryinmiami

Maryinmiami Said:

"Why does my iPhone 12 Max pro suck?: I’m new to iPhone community and my experience this past 11 months have been an a absolute NIGHTMARE. [...]Yep these were all the solutions I’ve been given throughout the year by various support calls or google searches… the problem persists."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If this is 11 months old, see if you can get this serviced, free-of-charge. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

Oct 19, 2021 8:59 PM in response to Maryinmiami

Maryinmiami Said:

"Why does my iPhone 12 Max pro suck?: I’m new to iPhone community and my experience this past 11 months have been an a absolute NIGHTMARE. [...]so I ask why does my iPhone suck?"

-------

Troubleshooting This:

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Oct 20, 2021 9:58 AM in response to TheLittles

I had this issue with my original iPhone and have already warranty exchanged the phone so the one I’m typing in right now is the new one and the problem persists. I’ve been told by Apple already that it is not a hardware issue and they exchanged my phone regardless. These issue came with me to the new phone. And what’s crazy is I have no third party app - they are all from the Apple store (mentioning this because I was once told this could be the issue).

I’ve Also been told it. It can be an issue with my Apple ID which is why I changed it to another email. And am waiting 30 days to change it to the iCloud one to see if that remedies the problem.

Why does my iPhone 12 Max pro suck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.