Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I work on any virtual machine on M1?

I tried to work previously on the Virtual box to use Linux , but unfortunately it did not work, and after searching I found that it may be due to the Apple Silicon. Is there a chance that an update will be released that improves it or should we wait for a new product!?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:15 AM

You can also create Virtual Machines (ARM only) with the latest version of Parallels Desktop on M1 Macs. However unlike UTM, Parallels is not free although there is a 15 day trial period. VMware are also working on a M1 compatible version of Fusion.

3 replies

Can I work on any virtual machine on M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.