Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought a new iphone with abundant storage and want to ensure that all my photos on the phone are at full resolution to match my icloud and ipad. I have set the phone up correctly but the full size photos are not being downloaded

I have bought a new iphone with abundant storage and want to ensure that all my photos on the phone are at full resolution to match my icloud and ipad. I have set the phone up correctly but the full size photos are not being downloaded

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 4:34 PM

Hello GIM51,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities and for reviewing the related article Organize and find your photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We'd like to offer some additional support.

For this concern, we suggest checking to see if Optimize iPhone Storage is enabled on your iPhone. When this feature is on, it saves smaller, space-saving photos and videos on your iPhone while the full-resolution version are kept in iCloud. To check, tap on Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. If you want the full-resolution version, check "Download and Keep Originals."

These steps and more can be found in this Apple Support article:

Manage your photo and video storage

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 4:34 PM in response to GIM51

Hello GIM51,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities and for reviewing the related article Organize and find your photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We'd like to offer some additional support.

For this concern, we suggest checking to see if Optimize iPhone Storage is enabled on your iPhone. When this feature is on, it saves smaller, space-saving photos and videos on your iPhone while the full-resolution version are kept in iCloud. To check, tap on Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. If you want the full-resolution version, check "Download and Keep Originals."

These steps and more can be found in this Apple Support article:

Manage your photo and video storage

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.