Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought more icloud storage space but my photos on my iPhone are still not about to download full resolution. Why and what am I doing wrong?

I bought more icloud storage space but my photos on my iPhone are still not able to download full resolution. Why and what am I doing wrong?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:41 AM

Likely, nothing is wrong.

Go to Settings > Photos

You can change the optimize storage setting there. Turning it off will download originals to your device. Just make sure that you have enough space on your phone to download originals (you cannot purchase additional space on your device, just in iCloud).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 5:41 AM in response to LalaSun

Likely, nothing is wrong.

Go to Settings > Photos

You can change the optimize storage setting there. Turning it off will download originals to your device. Just make sure that you have enough space on your phone to download originals (you cannot purchase additional space on your device, just in iCloud).

I bought more icloud storage space but my photos on my iPhone are still not about to download full resolution. Why and what am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.