Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

why is my phone saying i have no storage but i have i cloud plus which isn’t half way full yet?

my storage is full when i try to take pictures but my i cloud isn’t even half way full how do i but more storage for my apple photos?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:52 PM

brookro_ Said:

"why is my phone saying i have no storage but i have i cloud plus which isn’t half way full yet?: my storage is full when i try to take pictures but my i cloud isn’t even half way full how do i but more storage for my apple photos?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 7:52 PM in response to brookro_

brookro_ Said:

"why is my phone saying i have no storage but i have i cloud plus which isn’t half way full yet?: my storage is full when i try to take pictures but my i cloud isn’t even half way full how do i but more storage for my apple photos?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Aug 31, 2023 8:00 PM in response to brookro_

There's a difference between internal, local storage (the flash memory in your iPhone), and iCloud storage (storage on Apple's servers).

You need internal, local storage for a lot of things – including copies of some of the data you synchronize via iCloud. You can't upgrade the flash memory in an iPhone after you purchase the device. So if you're running out of room in it, you may have to delete stuff from your phone, or offload apps, to free up space.

why is my phone saying i have no storage but i have i cloud plus which isn’t half way full yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.