Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Why my iPhone keeps storing Photos despite sufficient iCloud storage

iCloud is on and being used for photos (still have a lot of storage left), but still my storage on iPhone is full (and taken by photos). Why are the photos still on iPhone Device storage while i still have so much iCloud storage left?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 11, 2024 1:25 AM

3 replies

May 11, 2024 7:16 PM in response to Emma9494L

iCloud is primarily a synchronization service, not offline storage. Your original photos are kept in iCloud and optimized versions remain on your device (or originals if you do not optimize photos). If you have only 1 Apple device and 128GB of storage, 2TB of iCloud space is likely too much. If you have multiple devices, family sharing accounts, etc. Then you might find 2TB too small.

Why my iPhone keeps storing Photos despite sufficient iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.