Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blood Pressure Monitoring Spreadsheet

I want to display my blood pressure in a standard chart.

See https://blood-pressure-monitoring.org/blood-pressure-charts/

I've a long list of readings in columns : Date, Time, Sys, Dia, Pulse

Can I use the data to fill the chart?

Or is it easier/better to colour each reading in the columns red, yellow, green or blue?

Thanks

John

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:49 AM

Thanks for your reply.

The scatter chart gets part of the way there but it's not easy to tell how many readings are in each category. If several readings are the same, they overlay each other showing up us darker circles.

Here's a screen shot of my last three weeks data.

It's a pity that I can't add scale lines at 60,80,90 for diastolic and 80, 110, 130 for systolic.

I wondered if I could add extra columns, then generate text to say if the reading in each column was in the red, yellow, green or blue range. Then combine this text in another column using a rule such as if either is red then the result is red, if either is yellow the result is yellow, if both are green the result is green, otherwise the result is blue. But this seems so cumbersome.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 8:49 AM in response to Badunit

Thanks for your reply.

The scatter chart gets part of the way there but it's not easy to tell how many readings are in each category. If several readings are the same, they overlay each other showing up us darker circles.

Here's a screen shot of my last three weeks data.

It's a pity that I can't add scale lines at 60,80,90 for diastolic and 80, 110, 130 for systolic.

I wondered if I could add extra columns, then generate text to say if the reading in each column was in the red, yellow, green or blue range. Then combine this text in another column using a rule such as if either is red then the result is red, if either is yellow the result is yellow, if both are green the result is green, otherwise the result is blue. But this seems so cumbersome.

Oct 20, 2021 4:30 AM in response to johnfromashby

You can make a scatter chart with diastolic as the X data and systolic as Y. The colors on the chart would be overlapping rectangles arranged under the chart. The labels would be text boxes arranged on top of the chart.

That chart will lose the temporal data, the change in blood pressure over time. If tracking it over time is important, you can make a scatter chart where X is the date&time, diastolic is one series, and systolic is a second series. It won't have the colored ranges of the "standard" chart but you can see how it is changing. You may have to make a new column in your table to combine your "dates" and "times" into date&time values for the chart to use. If tracking pulse matters, you can make it a third series on the chart or make a separate chart for it.

Oct 20, 2021 1:02 PM in response to johnfromashby

Yes, data points that are the same will appear as one on a chart. Similar data points will overlap. You can make the data point symbol smaller to help with the overlapping but it won't do anything for points that are exactly the same.

If you post a screenshot of your table (or a copy of it with fake data), with the column letters and row numbers showing, we can probably come up with a formula and rules to do the cell highlighting. And let us know if you want the entire row highlighted or just one cell in the row. One cell is easier but the entire row can be done.

Blood Pressure Monitoring Spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.