Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple one. Can I keep ITunes Match if Apple Music is included in Apple one?

I currently have iTunes Match. I am considering the apple one premiere family plan. I DO NOT want to give up the music in my iTunes Match library. By subscribing to Apple One, will Apple Music replace my iTunes Match , and delete my library Or can I have both ?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:58 AM

Apple Music is a superset of the features of iTunes Match. If you have Apple Music, which is included in Apple One, then you don't need to continue your subscription to iTunes Match. Both use iCloud Music Library to store your matched/uploaded songs and playlists. Switching from one service to the other shouldn't affect your cloud library, but you should nonetheless have a complete offline copy of your library as a backup.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 8:58 AM in response to stepdance

Apple Music is a superset of the features of iTunes Match. If you have Apple Music, which is included in Apple One, then you don't need to continue your subscription to iTunes Match. Both use iCloud Music Library to store your matched/uploaded songs and playlists. Switching from one service to the other shouldn't affect your cloud library, but you should nonetheless have a complete offline copy of your library as a backup.

tt2

Oct 26, 2021 12:56 PM in response to Lonky2

As superset is the opposite of a subset.

To be on the safe side make sure that all content is stored locally on at least one computer and backed up before making changes to your subscriptions. If you currently subscribe to both Apple Music and iTunes Match then you can cancel iTunes Match with no impact on your library. If on the other hand you cancel Apple Music any Apple Music content you obtained via the subscription will become invalid. Your purchased, matched, and uploaded music should stay in place.

tt2

Apple one. Can I keep ITunes Match if Apple Music is included in Apple one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.