Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iTunes Match go away if I subscribe to Apple One?

If I subscribe to Apple One will the Music that I have in iTunes Match disappear when I am enrolled in Apple Music? When I search or make playlists on my phone which library is it drawn from? What if my playlists include songs that are in my iTunes Match but not in Apple Music? This seems anything but "one".

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:02 PM

Hi,

If you subscribe to Apple one, the features of iTunes Match are included in Apple Music. Both use iCloud music library. The change should be seamless. After you subscribe to Apple one, you should turn off iTunes auto renew and allow it to expire in due course.

Jim

6 replies

Jan 8, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Well, you say "seamless" but the last time I bought a new iPhone 11, I was automatically enrolled in a free trial of Apple Music and all of my playlists and iTunes match songs were not available on the phone. I only got them back by cancelling the membership and waiting for the free period to expire. So, I would say not "seamless". Maybe this has been fixed, but I am hesitant to lose my music that I have been paying $26 annually to preserve. And why has iTunes not run and been replaced with Music on my new mac mini if I am still paying for iTunes Match? I am so confused.

Jan 9, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks Jim,

I also found that I needed to Authorize my new mac. That's a whole other story, apparently I had 5 previous macs already authorized and had to actually unpack them from storage to deauthorize.. Digital life can be frustrating at times. I still have not seen proof that my music won't go "poof" if I start Apple Music. Is there any way to archive it all to a backup disk like I could in iTunes? I just can't take the risk.

Does iTunes Match go away if I subscribe to Apple One?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.