Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac book has a flashing ? What can I do. Have I lost any data

My Mac bill pro has a flash ? And a grey screen

has my data been lost and how can I restore my Mac book

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 11:05 AM

You can first try restarting the Mac in the Recovery Mode. Hold down the Command + R keys at startup. This will enable you to run Disk Utility, which may fix the problem. If it does not, then restart in the Internet Recovery Mode and press the Command + Option + R keys at startup. This will enable you to reinstall the computer's operating system. You should know that it will install the computer's original OS. If you are running a later version, you will then have to reinstall that version. It can be found in the Apple App store. Good luck.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 11:05 AM in response to craiglevinthal

You can first try restarting the Mac in the Recovery Mode. Hold down the Command + R keys at startup. This will enable you to run Disk Utility, which may fix the problem. If it does not, then restart in the Internet Recovery Mode and press the Command + Option + R keys at startup. This will enable you to reinstall the computer's operating system. You should know that it will install the computer's original OS. If you are running a later version, you will then have to reinstall that version. It can be found in the Apple App store. Good luck.

My Mac book has a flashing ? What can I do. Have I lost any data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.