Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini bluetooth

Just bought a new M1 Mac mini -- trying to set it up but I cannot get it to pair with my wireless mouse (Logicool MX Anywhere) or keyboard (Logicool K380) and am stuck on the alternating screen graphics telling me to turn on my mouse and keyboard. Both pair fine with my old Mac mini, Macbook, iMac. Am I going to have to buy a wired keyboard/mouse just to set this thing up? Any other known ways to get around this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 3:47 PM

macOS can automatically pair with an Apple Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad during setup, but it does not support the pairing of third party accessories at this stage.

Your Logitech devices should have come with USB receivers, so I would suggest plugging these in for the setup process, after which you'll be able to pair them manually in the Bluetooth settings.

If you have not kept the dongles that came with your devices, I'm afraid you'll need to get your hands on a USB keyboard and mouse to complete the setup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 3:47 PM in response to gasmanjoe

macOS can automatically pair with an Apple Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad during setup, but it does not support the pairing of third party accessories at this stage.

Your Logitech devices should have come with USB receivers, so I would suggest plugging these in for the setup process, after which you'll be able to pair them manually in the Bluetooth settings.

If you have not kept the dongles that came with your devices, I'm afraid you'll need to get your hands on a USB keyboard and mouse to complete the setup.

Oct 20, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Jeffrey A.

Thanks! My Logicool devices did not come with USB receivers, so I am out of luck there. This is the first Mac I've bought since 1986 that I couldn't set up out of the box. That's progress, I guess. I wish they would've made this clear at the time of purchase (maybe it's in the fine print somewhere)...oh well, off to search for some wired peripherals.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Mac mini bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.