Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a airtag in my car my ex put how do I find it

I have a iPhone XR, my abusive controlling ex boyfriend put a airtag in my car. I can’t locate it correctly yet. Is there a easier why to connect to it and ping it.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:10 PM

8 replies

Oct 20, 2021 7:45 PM in response to Lizboo

Tap the "Instructions to Disable AirTag" button:

To disable the AirTag and stop sharing your location, tap Instructions to Disable AirTag and follow the onscreen steps. If you feel your safety is at risk, contact your local law enforcement who can work with Apple. You might need to provide the AirTag or its serial number. 

What to do if you find an AirTag or get an alert that an AirTag is with you - Apple Support

Oct 20, 2021 7:59 PM in response to Lizboo

If you cannot play a sound, the Air Tag may no longer be with you. And, it may also be a false positive hit from a friend or someone else in the neighborhood (might not be likely). I'd wait and see if it alerts again. If you believe someone did place an AirTag... there are only so many places one could access without full access to the vehicle. Gas tank cover panel, or taped to the frame. Most anywhere else would fall out. You can certainly call the police too if you fear for your safety, but there is likely little they can/will do except to possibly help you rifle through your car.

I have a airtag in my car my ex put how do I find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.