Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble making a purchase using Apple card financing

I'm attempting to place a purchase for an ipad on apple.com. I signed up for an apple card, and as far as I can tell, was approved. But when I click the "Pay Monthly

with Apple Card" option, the checkout page just reloads. I've tried this on multiple browsers, OS's and machines.

The online chat agent suggested clearing cache and cookies, but that's not the issue, as I've tried installing completely new browsers on some machines. They suggested calling sales, but when I tried, they were unable to answer my questions.

I'm starting to wonder if this is related to the activation process of the apple card, or a discrepancy on my account. I don't currently have an ipad or iphone device. The only apple device I currently have is my work laptop. Is an iOS device necessary to complete an initial purchase using an Apple card?

This is a bit time sensitive, as I'm switching jobs at the end of the week, and I'm not sure if my new employer will provide a mac or PC.

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:59 AM

I eventually figured it out. The issue was due to the fact that I also had an Apple care plan in my cart, which wasn't eligible for monthly installments. After removing it from my cart, I was able to check out. I guess I'll just have to purchase Apple care separately, using the non-financed option.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 5:59 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I eventually figured it out. The issue was due to the fact that I also had an Apple care plan in my cart, which wasn't eligible for monthly installments. After removing it from my cart, I was able to check out. I guess I'll just have to purchase Apple care separately, using the non-financed option.

Trouble making a purchase using Apple card financing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.