Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 No sound from watch speaker

There is no sound coming from Apple Watch 7. Checked Sound and Haptics, volume, silent mode . No alarm vibration also. Reset but no sound at all.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:31 AM

I had the same issue where the watch wouldn't vibrate or make any sounds. After spending a ton of time going through the settings, and not getting it to work; I restarted the watch and everything started working again.

FIx that worked for me: Restart the watch.

24 replies

Oct 21, 2021 1:52 PM in response to JohnXSing

Hi there JohnXSing,

We understand you're not hearing sounds from your Apple Watch. See whether the information available here helps: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

If that doesn't provide a solution for you, check to see whether your Apple Watch notifications are set to mirror your iPhone settings. You can find assistance with this part, here: Notifications on your Apple Watch

We hope this helps!

Oct 22, 2021 12:35 PM in response to JohnXSing

Thanks for keeping us up to speed JohnXSing,

Were you able to review notification settings on your iPhone, and ensure Do Not Disturb, or Silent isn't enabled there?

If you power the Apple Watch off, then back on is there any change?

Should the behavior persist, the best next step will be to contact Apple Support, who can work with you to investigate further, find the cause, and offer an appropriate solution.

Take care!

Nov 23, 2021 9:53 PM in response to rkornberg

Same here. Apple watch 7. Not making any sound or vibration from notifications. Siri can't speak. Pressing side button entering power off screen won't make watch vibrate as well. Restating watch helps but it'll happen again somehow.

This is extremely annoying as I couldn’t receive any notifications from my phone unless I check them manually. Missed a zoom meeting because of this. Please fix asap.

Dec 2, 2021 12:07 PM in response to PolishApples

Same issue with my Apple Watch 4. It seems that the sound issue started when I updated the WatchOS recently. I tried to restart, but no luck. I tried to reset it, also no luck. I tried to reset and pair it with my wife’s iphone 11 pro with latest iOS, and the watch works!!! I reset it again and repaired it with my iphone X, and again the sound does not work on the Watch! Both iphones are running on iOS 15.1. Any idea how to solve this issue? Otherwise, how can I revert both my iphone X and my Watch to previous OS that was working ?

Jan 15, 2022 7:33 AM in response to JohnXSing

Same problem here, with a caveat. It also hung up installing the 8.3 update. Said it was paused until it was on a charger, at least 50% power and phone near by.

Met all the criteria and still nothing.

Restarted the watch and ran the update. No issues since.

two days later notices my gf’s series 7 was going the samething. Same fix worked.

Apple Watch 7 No sound from watch speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.