Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini stops streaming

When I play to my HomePod Mini from my iPhone or Macs, the sound will sometimes suddenly stop mid-stream. Ah, you say, it's your terrible WiFI coverage, but no, the HPm is still connected (the access point shows that the HPm has 70% signal) and I can ping it. What's more I can use Siri to eg get the weather forecast so I know it's connected to the Internet. The "Home" app seems to think it's still there but will be unable to connect to it.

When this happens the HPm will disappear from the list of available "speakers", and indeed if I use the Terminal to scan for mDNS advertisements with "dns-sd -B _raop._tcp", the HPm will not show up. But after a while (several mins), it will recover and start advertising services again.

It all used to work fine when I first got the HPm. Any ideas as to what's going on?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 11:30 AM

If you have a dual band router that has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios you may find HomePod is more reliable if you disable the 5GHz radio.

tt2

1 reply

Homepod mini stops streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.