Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music does not sync to iPod Classic

iPod Classic 120GB Model MB565LL

MacPro mid 2012 Catalina 10.15.7

I have also tried "Transfer Purchases" after the full sync failed to copy over my purchased music.

Is the iPod simply too old?

Thanks anyone.

DonSimon

iPod Classic

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 1:25 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2021 1:57 PM in response to tetters

Are the purchases in question downloaded to the computer and do they play in Music? Occasionally downloads may not complete correctly and generate authorization warnings when played. Deleting the copy you and redownloading from your purchase history usually resolves that issue. Transfer Purchases is used to copy purchases on the device into the local library.

I don't know if it was ever fixed, but when I first started using Catalina it wouldn't play nicely with my PC formatted iPod classic and I had to reformat it for Mac before I could reliably load content to it.

Is there content on the iPod that isn't in your library? If so you might want to see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community first.

tt2

Oct 21, 2021 2:14 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you (Alan)TuringTest,

I just downloaded the album in question to my Mac and after syncing my iPod Lo & Behold they are now on it!!!

OK, I didn't realize, I thought as it was "on" my Mac's Music it would simply sync with all my other music. Like on my iPhone the album was always there since purchase. I guess it's 'cos the iPod is a "dumb terminal" whilst my Purchased Music on my Mac is only there courtesy of an internet connection and my AppleID associating the devices.

I guess I can't associate my iPod? I can quite understand that the iTunes music store wouldn't want just anyone connecting an iPod to my Mac Music and downloading all my purchases.

Anyway, thanks so much, I'm good to go,

DonSimon

Purchased music does not sync to iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.