Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

I can't reset my iPod Nano through Apple Music

I have a 8GB iPod Nano 4th Gen which previously was loaded with some music from my iTunes (mostly just music ripped from my own CD collection, not purchased). I upgraded my Macbook Air to OS Monterey which obviously now has Apple Music. Although Apple Music recognises my iPod, I can't seem to manage my music on the ipod. I can't delete the music by manually selecting the tracks and hitting "Delete". I can't drag and drop albums onto the iPod and I can find no way of resetting the iPod to factory settings with no music on it so as to link it to the Apple Music app. I have tried reloading iTunes but Mojave will not allow me to run the older version of iTunes so I can't reset the iPod.

Do I have to find someone with an old Mac and try to plug it into theirs and see if I can reset it to factory settings or will that not work or is there another work around to reset it and then link it to Apple Music?

Yours,

Very Frustrated....

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 12:56 PM

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Finder is the new place to back up, update, or restore your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Just connect your device to your Mac and it appears in the Finder sidebar. And you can easily drag and drop files to your device.

Use Finder to manage your devices.

Similar questions

1 reply

I can't reset my iPod Nano through Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.