Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing on Apple Tv

the Music app on my iPad and iPhone shows a choice of Home Sharing. When I chose this, then all my music and videos are available.

when I go to the Music app on my Apple TV there is no choice of home sharing, only a choice of library. Yes, I get all my music, but about six music seemingly arbitrarily chosen videos all the rest are missing.

any ideas?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:16 PM

3 replies

Oct 22, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Tony Rees

Hi Tony Rees,

It sounds like you'd like access to your music videos using Home Sharing through your Apple TV. If this is music that you've purchased from the iTunes Store here's how you can access your Library in the Apple TV app. Otherwise, here's a guide on making sure you have Home Sharing setup properly:

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you're still unable to access your content you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

Oct 23, 2021 1:07 AM in response to Lee_ms

Sorry to sound grumpy Lee, but often when I ask a question I never get an actual answer to my actual question. I have been using home sharing for years, so no problem. I recently bought a new M1 iMac since then the Apple TV does not share the same music videos. Attached is photo of Music app from my iPad. As you can see there is Home Sharing. When I open the music app on Apple TV this option is not there. Yes, all the music is there but only seven videos - an eclectic choice not just bought from itune store? As I said everything was fine until the new iMac, and yes I have all the home sharing turned on on that???

Home sharing on Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.