Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud wont launch windows 10

I have installed iCloud on my new windows 10 desktop, but it won’t launch. iCloud shows on my app list, but when I open it, it shows on the taskbar but will not launch. When I hover the mouse, I can see a mini version of the app but it will not open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, restarted my computer, but I can’t get the app to actually launch. I need it to sync calendars and contacts across my iPhone, iPad and outlook on my desktop but I can’t get it to work.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:52 AM

I had a similar problem with iCloud for Windows 10. It would download from the Microsoft store but each time I tried to sync calendars and contacts I got an error message that said iCloud for Windows did not install properly. Furthermore, the suggested repair did not fix it. After countless (and fruitless) hours on Microsoft and Apple support sites I ending up downloading the older iCloud for Windows 7/8 which is available from the Apple web site. It worked immediately with my Windows 10 PC. You may want to try this temporary solution even though MIcrosoft support of Windows 7 and 8 will be gone soon if not already. I am hoping that whatever is causing this problem in Windows 10 will be solved for a more lasting fix in Windows 11.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 9:52 AM in response to judithstats

I had a similar problem with iCloud for Windows 10. It would download from the Microsoft store but each time I tried to sync calendars and contacts I got an error message that said iCloud for Windows did not install properly. Furthermore, the suggested repair did not fix it. After countless (and fruitless) hours on Microsoft and Apple support sites I ending up downloading the older iCloud for Windows 7/8 which is available from the Apple web site. It worked immediately with my Windows 10 PC. You may want to try this temporary solution even though MIcrosoft support of Windows 7 and 8 will be gone soon if not already. I am hoping that whatever is causing this problem in Windows 10 will be solved for a more lasting fix in Windows 11.

Oct 22, 2021 2:38 PM in response to judithstats

Hi there judithstats,

You've taken some great steps towards trying to resolve this, and we'd like to help by recommending one more step to try. Have you made sure that any pending Microsoft updates for Windows have also been installed?

If the issue remains after checking, you may need to reach out to Microsoft about this, but we recommend reaching out to Apple Support first using this link: Get Support

Take care!

icloud wont launch windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.