Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone loses wifi connection. Continually having to reconnect to wifi. Wife has same model phone and doesn’t experience this issue. How can I stop my phone from jumping off wifi?

Iphonexr doesn’t automatically connect to home wifi and often loses connection after connecting. Previous iphone was doing same thing. Wife has xr as well with no connection problems. My phone has no issues with connecting to work wifi. How can I correct home wifi connection problem?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 5:38 PM

Hi cary190,

We understand that Wi-Fi disconnects frequently on your iPhone while at home. The first thing you'll want to try is restarting your router/modem. Even if your wife isn't having an issue with her connection, your direct connection may need to be reset. Following the steps in the article you reached us from, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network, did you also reset the Network Settings on your iPhone as well as make sure your device is running the latest iOS? If so, we'd also recommend checking for any firmware updates that are available for your Wi-Fi modem. You may need to reach out to your ISP provider or modem manufacturer for this.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 5:38 PM in response to cary190

Hi cary190,

We understand that Wi-Fi disconnects frequently on your iPhone while at home. The first thing you'll want to try is restarting your router/modem. Even if your wife isn't having an issue with her connection, your direct connection may need to be reset. Following the steps in the article you reached us from, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network, did you also reset the Network Settings on your iPhone as well as make sure your device is running the latest iOS? If so, we'd also recommend checking for any firmware updates that are available for your Wi-Fi modem. You may need to reach out to your ISP provider or modem manufacturer for this.

Take care.

Phone loses wifi connection. Continually having to reconnect to wifi. Wife has same model phone and doesn’t experience this issue. How can I stop my phone from jumping off wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.