Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max - App Store Issues

Hey all!

I recently upgraded from the iPhone 11 Pro Max to the 13 pro max. I’ve been experiencing some issues with the phone that I’ve seen others have (ie: touch responsiveness), however the most frustrating thing I’m dealing with currently has to do with the App Store.

On a daily basis (multiple times a day) it seems like my App Store ‘disconnects’ from my Apple ID. I will notice that apps aren’t working properly, or will be trying to download an app and the download will not initiate. I have noticed when this happens if I look at apps in the App Store it’s like the store forgets or no longer knows what apps are already installed on my phone (meaning the button to download them shows ‘Get’ rather than ‘Open’ or ‘Update’). Sometimes doing a hard reboot on my phone (volume up, volume down, hold power until apple logo comes up) resolves the issue, and sometimes it does not. I have already tried wiping my device and starting over, but the problem still exists. Hoping someone else may have experienced this and found a resolve as restarting my phone 12 times a day isn’t the experience I was hoping for with my brand new phone.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:24 AM

Hello Sammitina,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your new iPhone 13 Pro Max has some issues connecting to the App Store. We'll do our best to assist.

For issues connecting to the App Store, see steps in: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you're using a VPN or security software, we'd recommend to disable them and restart the device, as these may be blocking the connection: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

If the issues persists, did you restore a backup to your new iPhone? If so, did you restore from a computer or iCloud backup? Has it completed the restore process?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Sammitina

Hello Sammitina,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your new iPhone 13 Pro Max has some issues connecting to the App Store. We'll do our best to assist.

For issues connecting to the App Store, see steps in: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you're using a VPN or security software, we'd recommend to disable them and restart the device, as these may be blocking the connection: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

If the issues persists, did you restore a backup to your new iPhone? If so, did you restore from a computer or iCloud backup? Has it completed the restore process?

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Oct 29, 2021 8:22 AM in response to Sammitina

You're welcome Sammitina!

If the issue occurs after restoring to factory settings, are you signed in to the App Store in Settings > [Your Name] > Media & Purchases? If not, sign in and then see if that sorts out the App Store.

Also, does the same thing occur when you test this using the cellular network or another Wi-Fi network? If this only occurs on a specific Wi-Fi network, make sure it's set up to work with Apple devices: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Do you have Screen Time enabled in Settings > Screen Time?

We'll get to the bottom of this together.

Cheers.

Oct 29, 2021 7:17 AM in response to destiny241

Thank you for the response Destiny!

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps listed above, however my phone will lose connectivity to the App Store at various times. I will be able to open the App Store app and browse, however cannot initiate any downloads and the store no longer knows what apps are already installed on my device. I have also noticed that I am unable to access my account in the App Store by clicking my profile photo (it goes to a page that just says ‘loading’ and never loads - screenshot attached)

I have also completely wiped my phone and started over from scratch (not restored from a backup at all). I had initially set the phone up using a backup from iCloud so I made sure to try and start over without any back up in case the issue was coming from there.

I’ve included a screenshot of what I am talking about with the App Store no longer knowing what is on my phone to hopefully provide clarity.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 13 Pro Max - App Store Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.