You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Keyboard Access

In Settings, Accessibility, Keyboard, there is a pretty nice feature called Full Keyboard Access. I have a problem with it. When I go to a type-in box, like this very type-in box, the first time I press the space bar, the keyboard goes into control mode and out of input mode. After typing the first space character, I can no longer input text, text such as this question. In order to even type this question, I had to go to settings and turn off "Full Keyboard Access," and that's a hassle. Is there some quick way to turn FKA off when I want to input text, and turn it back on when I want to control the iPad? Or do I completely misunderstand how to use FKA?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:22 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Full Keyboard Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.