Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Clipboard does not work

Universal Clipboard stopped working about a year ago. It may have stopped working at the same time as the OS update, but can't say for certain. Handoff is enabled, and also works totally fine.

I've tried signing out of my devices and signing in again. Everything is running the latest software to date.

I have a MacBook Pro late 2016, iPhone 13 (did not work on iPhone 8 I had previously either), iPad Pro 2019.

I'm hopeful that the next MacOS update will fix the problem, but with the delay of Universal Control feature to later this fall, I'm less optimistic.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or found a solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:28 AM

8 replies

Oct 25, 2021 3:03 AM in response to dialabrain

That's interesting. I don't believe that I have either of those however. Is there a place in settings I could verify?

I have a shortcut that "clears all clipboards". I am not activating it when trying to use Universal Clipboard, but I wonder whether adding that shortcut made any impact on the function. I tried deleting the shortcut but it made no difference.

Nov 15, 2021 6:06 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks again dialabrain.

I tried safe mode, but to no luck. Same problem. I re-enabled SIP right after running EtReCheck, thank you for reminding. It's also on by default fortunately.

I have 38.2 GB space open on MacOS (out of 195 available), 56GB are partitioned for Windows 10 for school. I'm perplexed that this is considered "critically low". Anyway, I was having the issue before installing Windows a couple weeks ago. I've had the UCB issue since installing the new OS in September 2020. I seriously doubt I can squeeze much more space out of it without a complete overhaul.

Universal Clipboard does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.