You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad os15 upgrade keyboard issue

Upgraded to iOS 15. Keyboard disappears after minor use. Any way to go back to iOS 14….?

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:31 PM

16 replies

Oct 22, 2021 9:04 PM in response to Franklymich

If you wish to downgrade your iPad, everything on it will disappear, so please make a backup somewhere.

Here are the steps:

How to Downgrade from iOS 15 or iPadOS 15

1. Launch Finder on your Mac.
  2. Connect your ‌iPhone‌ or ‌iPad‌ to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
  3. Put your device into recovery mode. The method of doing this depends on your device, so check the list below these steps to find your model. Apple also provides more information on Recovery mode in this support article.

4. A dialog will pop up asking if you want to restore your device. Click Restore to wipe your device and install the latest public release of iOS or iPadOS.

5. Wait while the restore process completes.

Oct 23, 2021 4:51 PM in response to Franklymich

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros, 2020 iPad Air 4 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Dec 18, 2021 7:15 AM in response to randa297

randa297 wrote:

Can you explain to me why that helped, please?

Full Keyboard Access lets people control their device from the keyboard, and it gives Space a special function in place of the normal one. It should normally be turned OFF by default. I don't know why yours would have been turned on (unless you did it to deal with a Facebook crashing problem, which was fixed by a Facebook update a week ago).

Dec 18, 2021 7:16 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Keyboard has been erratic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just stops completely. I’ve had other problems since the IPad IOS 15.1 update too. I’ll send an email from the email app and the screen will go black and the app will close. The email may or may not get sent. Then there’s these blue boxes around some content on the screen. Or a section of content will be shaded blue for some reason. Basically, the keyboard and the IPad have not functioned properly since the update. I can’t rely on it anymore.

Ipad os15 upgrade keyboard issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.