Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Sharing Allowing Access on Remote iMac -- But Not Displaying Folder Contents

I have set up file sharing on my remote iMac and am able to connect to it no problem. All folders under my user folder have been shared and I am able to get into all of them and see the contents, except for the Documents, Desktop, and Downloads folder. When I go into these folders (on the remote iMac), I can get it in, but I cannot seen any of the files.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:45 AM

sbembenek18 wrote:

I have set up file sharing on my remote iMac and am able to connect to it no problem. All folders under my user folder have been shared and I am able to get into all of them and see the contents, except for the Documents, Desktop, and Downloads folder. When I go into these folders (on the remote iMac), I can get it in, but I cannot seen any of the files.

Se if there is anything here—

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Allow a remote computer to access your Mac - Apple Support

Share your Mac screen, files, and services with other users on ...

Copy files with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

Allow Apple Remote Desktop to access your Mac

Use the Finder to share files between your Mac and your ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:45 AM in response to sbembenek18

sbembenek18 wrote:

Se if there is anything here—

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

Allow a remote computer to access your Mac - Apple Support

Share your Mac screen, files, and services with other users on ...

Copy files with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

Allow Apple Remote Desktop to access your Mac

Use the Finder to share files between your Mac and your ...

File Sharing Allowing Access on Remote iMac -- But Not Displaying Folder Contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.