Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adware & Malware problems?

I have been suffering the auto opening of new tabs and have been unable to identify any rogue files. today I had a new scam - I suspected - where my screen flashes with box claiming Apple has detected my computer is locked out and I must not turn off etc phone support etc. It doesn't go after restarting...

When looking up the scam and attempting to find out how to remove these it's near impossible to find the answer without finding what seems to be further scams or costly subscriptions in the guise of removal tools.

Ive spent 2hrs+ followed some tutorials and haven't been able to locate/remove any rogue applications/files/xtensions.

Can anyone offer some up to date solutions for getting rid of these issues - myself - once and for all or do I need to employ the services of an IT person?

Thanks for any help

Charlie

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:02 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2021 7:24 AM in response to communities5555

As per previous posters suggestion first :-)

If still issues as last resort >>

Suggest downloading the Application  Etrecheck  https://etrecheck.com  directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Cleaners, Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

adware & Malware problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.