Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes - unable to load 1 song

I'm baffled about this. I accidentally deleted one song off my iTunes. When I synch it back to my PC, it never loads back. I even tried deleting the album and then adding it back in and that 1 track is missing. I did some googling and it tells you to click on "Sync Music" on your phone. I don't have that option. I have the 12 Pro Max. Any thoughts, suggestions???

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:00 AM

Syncing of the songs themselves is one way; from iTunes to the device.

First of all, let's try to find or redownload the missing song. Once you've recovered it, you can add it back into your Library.

1. The first place to look is in Windows' recycle bin. Is it there? If it is, select it and click on Restore the selected items from the top bar menu. That puts the song back into the correct folder. There's an additional step required in order to get the song back into your iTunes Library, so skip step 2 and follow step 3 below. However, if you did not find the file in the recycle bin, go to step 2
  2. If you have not found the song in the recycle bin, check the folder where the album is stored. The easiest way to do that is right-click one of the other tracks on the album and select Show in Windows Explorer from the context menu. A file manager window will open, showing the contents of the folder for that album. In it will be all the songs from that album, so is the missing track there or not? If it is, go to step 3, below. If it is not there, go to step 4 below
  3. If you have now located the file for the missing song and it is in the correct folder (using either steps 1 or 2 above, or step 4 below), use iTunes' menu option File/Add File to Library and navigate to the folder where the file is located, select it and click on Open. The song should now be in your Library. If you're not sure which folder the file is in, use step 2 above to identify the folder for the album
  4. If you have not yet found the missing song (or to be specific, the file that is the song), you will have to redownload it from the original source you obtained it from. So if that source was the iTunes Store, go to your account in the iTunes Store. If it was somewhere like Amazon, go to your account in that store (Amazon or wherever) and download the song from your account purchases. If the song came from a CD, re-import the track from that CD, or if it was from an online source (artist's website), go to that source. Once you have redownloaded the song's file, make sure it's in the correct folder (i.e. the one with the rest of the album) and then follow step 3 above to get it back into your Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 11:00 AM in response to WandererLA

Syncing of the songs themselves is one way; from iTunes to the device.

First of all, let's try to find or redownload the missing song. Once you've recovered it, you can add it back into your Library.

1. The first place to look is in Windows' recycle bin. Is it there? If it is, select it and click on Restore the selected items from the top bar menu. That puts the song back into the correct folder. There's an additional step required in order to get the song back into your iTunes Library, so skip step 2 and follow step 3 below. However, if you did not find the file in the recycle bin, go to step 2
  2. If you have not found the song in the recycle bin, check the folder where the album is stored. The easiest way to do that is right-click one of the other tracks on the album and select Show in Windows Explorer from the context menu. A file manager window will open, showing the contents of the folder for that album. In it will be all the songs from that album, so is the missing track there or not? If it is, go to step 3, below. If it is not there, go to step 4 below
  3. If you have now located the file for the missing song and it is in the correct folder (using either steps 1 or 2 above, or step 4 below), use iTunes' menu option File/Add File to Library and navigate to the folder where the file is located, select it and click on Open. The song should now be in your Library. If you're not sure which folder the file is in, use step 2 above to identify the folder for the album
  4. If you have not yet found the missing song (or to be specific, the file that is the song), you will have to redownload it from the original source you obtained it from. So if that source was the iTunes Store, go to your account in the iTunes Store. If it was somewhere like Amazon, go to your account in that store (Amazon or wherever) and download the song from your account purchases. If the song came from a CD, re-import the track from that CD, or if it was from an online source (artist's website), go to that source. Once you have redownloaded the song's file, make sure it's in the correct folder (i.e. the one with the rest of the album) and then follow step 3 above to get it back into your Library.

iTunes - unable to load 1 song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.