Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not connecting to Southwest wifi

On my last couple of Southwest flights my iPad won’t connect to their WiFi. I have had to use my iPhone to watch movies. I assume I have some setting turned on or off that is causing this. Any ideas?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 9:16 AM

1 reply

Oct 24, 2021 9:57 AM in response to Jmw1014

Hello, Jmw1014! Thank you for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We know that staying connected during trips must be important to you, and we would be happy to help with this. 

From what we gather, there only seems to be an issue when connecting your iPad with certain Wi-Fi networks. There are several troubleshooting steps that we can suggest for an issue like this. To get started, please use the steps listed in the following Apple Support article first: 

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you continue to notice the same issue with this specific network, we can help you more. To continue, it may be necessary to confirm that the access point is configured with the recommended settings for Apple devices. It may be necessary to ask the flight support staff for help with this. This last article provides more information on the best way to configure a Wi-Fi connection: 

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

We hope that this information helps you and allows you to get connected on your next trip. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. 

Cheers!

iPad not connecting to Southwest wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.