Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard keeps typing slow

key board typing is lagged/slow to respond.

The slow keys are off, the stickey keys are off.

I reseted the keyboard several times.

This mac is brand new this month, iMac 24".

iMac 24″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:29 AM

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

1.     Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.

2.     Open System Preferences – Bluetooth

3.     Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.

4.     Turn off Bluetooth

5.     Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

6.     Restart the computer normally.

7.     Open System Preferences – Bluetooth

8.     Turn on Bluetooth

9.     Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.

10.  Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again. 

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 10:29 AM in response to Pauly1971

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

1.     Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.

2.     Open System Preferences – Bluetooth

3.     Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.

4.     Turn off Bluetooth

5.     Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

6.     Restart the computer normally.

7.     Open System Preferences – Bluetooth

8.     Turn on Bluetooth

9.     Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.

10.  Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again. 

Jan 11, 2022 11:22 AM in response to Saxman

Saxman,

Please create your own thread. The reason being is you may be having similar symptoms however with a different cause so it is wise to keep your problem separate rather than confusing with the OP.

When you create your own thread, please also do the following:

It will help us get a good idea of what is causing your problem if you provide a report of your system, that way we do not have to play 20 questions with you. The report we are requesting does NOT provid0e any personal information and is extremely safe to use. Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Nov 18, 2021 7:21 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Came here to figure out why my keyboard and mouse (both non-apple / Logitech) were all of the sudden lagging/freezing mid-input. Had it before, but it went away, and then it came back yesterday. Cursor would freeze, and then show up where it should have been. Keys on the keyboard would lock up, and not show typing that was being done, OR it would freeze during a keystroke, and apply 30 of the same character before I had control back.

(Just wanted people to know my specific flavor of this problem, in case they have it, too)

In any case, @rkaufmann87, thank you for the detailed instructions. This DID in fact solve my issue! I can now email with zero frustration, and mouse without insanity. Kudos!

Jan 11, 2022 10:48 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I'm having the same issues, lagging and weird positioning of my typed input, as well as jittery dock icons when I move my cursor over any, etc. However, I'm experiencing this whether I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard/mouse, or a Logitech USB keyboard and mouse, so I'm not sure simply resetting the Bluetooth connection with the Apple items will fix this issue Plus, it comes and goes, along with some times where everything becomes non-responsive to both mouse & keyboard input.

I assumed this was a RAM issue, but if it's a Bluetooth issue, why would it also affect USB devices?

Feb 20, 2022 11:42 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Yeah, I do etre-check reports, and they'll usually say some apps are using unusually high amounts of RAM, but little in the way of solutions, especially since some are system apps, while the others are usually whatever browser, like Safari, that I'm happening to use at the time. I've been reading around though, that Safari in particular, seems to be very quick to have pages use up too many system resources, with the attendant warning to close the window. But this happens all the time, especially with Facebook, but also YouTube, and even pages with no streaming happening, and it's pretty tiresome to deal with. Safari is supposed to integrate smoothly with Apple's OS, but just doesn't....

keyboard keeps typing slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.