Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2018 destroys photos during transfer via USB

When I transfer photos to an USB stick via the file app, the images and folders on the stick are partially or completely corrupted, become illegible and can no longer be opened. I had the bug with an early version of iOS 14, but it has been fixed. With iOS 15 the bug is back. What can I do? The iPad destroys my photos!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 12:45 AM

I would skip the usb part and import directly to a computer

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 24, 2021 5:08 AM in response to Rudegar

No, that’s no option as I am using the USB Stick while traveling and for Backup. I do not want to carry my Computer with me. Additionally the iPad destroys my photos on the SD card while try to import them to the iPad. I can only avoid this by setting the SD card to write protection. But it’s only a temporary workaround. If I should once forget to activate the write protection all or most of my photos will be corrupted.

iPad Pro 2018 destroys photos during transfer via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.