Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I click on a document in finder, it doesnt seem to interact.

I tried trackpad and even mouse but everytime i click on it, it doesn't seem to work

I restarted my MacBook Air several times, relaunched Finder many times and it still didn't work!

What do I do to resolve this issue?

(this is original and this is the source of the question)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 12:37 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 24, 2021 4:56 AM in response to w_w0_0

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Starting up your Mac in safe mode can help you determine whether issues you’re experiencing are caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up.

Start up an Intel-based Mac in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
  3. Restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.
  4. Select a startup disk.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

Oct 24, 2021 1:21 AM in response to w_w0_0

Does the same issue present when booting into Safe Mode ?

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

Whenever I click on a document in finder, it doesnt seem to interact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.