Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes won't recognize my apple id

Itunes and app store does not accept my apple id. I have changed it a few times and my ipad is working except for access to these apps. What can I do?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Seeing an old ID request may be the result of trying to update or re-downloadn a app that was originally downloaded with a different ID. You have to delete the app entirely and re-download it with your ID.

Apple has directions on completely erasing a device for use by a new owner that avoid this kind of issue but doing it after 6 years of use may be more trouble than dealing with the issues it avoids.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch "Use these steps to remove your personal information from a device, even if you don't have it anymore." Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201351

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Deb3000

Seeing an old ID request may be the result of trying to update or re-downloadn a app that was originally downloaded with a different ID. You have to delete the app entirely and re-download it with your ID.

Apple has directions on completely erasing a device for use by a new owner that avoid this kind of issue but doing it after 6 years of use may be more trouble than dealing with the issues it avoids.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch "Use these steps to remove your personal information from a device, even if you don't have it anymore." Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201351

Oct 24, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks Limnos! I wîll contact Apple support. The ipad is suddenly only bringing up my father's email that was used for the original login years ago and has been deleted completely. I have used this ipad with my id for six years, so no idea why this is suddenly appearing! Thanks again for your response!

Oct 26, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks again for your help! Yes that is exactly when issue started...while trying to update a game centre game.!! I just recalled that the same game was orinally downloaded with another id (which is now nonexistant) and that did pop up for password and I hit it by accident to sign in for uodate. Now it doesn't recognize my id anymore to play my game that has been in progress on ipad for six years with my id... or get into itunes or app updates as i mentioned. I am totally signed in everywhere ok so I may just have to ignore this game and updates and use an alternate ipad... thx for info re resetting and all your help! Have a good day!

Itunes won't recognize my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.