Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't sync from Mac onto iPhone

Hi - I have iOS 15.0.2 on my iPhone XR and macOS Big Sur 11.6 on my Mac. I normally have the last year of photos showing on my iPhone. But it's refusing to syncing properly.

When Syncing my iPhone from Finder on the Mac, I have the button ticked under Photos that says "Automatically include photos from Last Year". Normally this works fine. No photos will sync across.

I have updated both my iPhone and Mac softwares to the current version and restarted both devices.

As an aside - it will let me import photos from my iPhone to my Mac and all of my music is fully synced as usual (although with an error message about one song, which I've never seen before, but won't lose sleep over!)

Grateful for any advice. Thank you

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:01 AM

SOLVED: Combination of a dodgy music file pausing everything and almost not allowing anything to happen, together with using a new lightning cable.

1 reply

Photos won't sync from Mac onto iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.