Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I hear my footsteps while using my AirPods

Why do I hear my footsteps and heartbeat while using my AirPods. This is very annoying and seems like it is getting more pronounced the more I use them.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 3:32 PM

If you have AirPods Pro with a particularly good fit on the ear tips, and exceptionally good hearing, you might hear your heartbeat from blood flow near your ear because the ear tips shut out a lot of ambient noise which usually masks in-ear noise. If you are hearing footsteps it might be you have AirPods Pro set to Transparency mode, or you have activated Live Listen and footsteps are being picked up by your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 3:32 PM in response to lauri105

If you have AirPods Pro with a particularly good fit on the ear tips, and exceptionally good hearing, you might hear your heartbeat from blood flow near your ear because the ear tips shut out a lot of ambient noise which usually masks in-ear noise. If you are hearing footsteps it might be you have AirPods Pro set to Transparency mode, or you have activated Live Listen and footsteps are being picked up by your iPhone.

I hear my footsteps while using my AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.