Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 - WhatsApp notifications only showing when disabling “Wrist Detection” !

Hi - just purchased an Apple Watch series 7 and all good except for the following.

when I receive Whatsapp message on my iPhone, I do not get the corresponding message notification on my watch.

I have checked all the usual problem solving suggestions re notifications settings both on my phone and watch, and still no joy.

The only way I have found to solve the issue is to disable the “Wrist Detection setting” on the watch app on my phone! However, when I do that, the app warns I will lose lots of other benefits of having wrist detection enabled.

Seems a strange fix for not receiving whatsapp notifications - Is this a bug and does anyone know a better way to fix it?

cheers

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:56 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Oct 27, 2021 1:29 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi

But when I disable wrist detection on my watch, WhatsApp messages start to appear on the watch series 7.

Does this not point to series 7 watch hardware or software issue rather than whatsapp software issue?

Are there not plenty of other Apple watch users who have no problem with whatsapp notifications - if so, why would it be a Whatsapp issue or am I missing something?

cheers

Oct 28, 2021 10:17 AM in response to Pedro_UK

I have the same problem, and strange that i couldn’t find any solution in google cuz seems like it started appearing with new series 7 and new WatchOS version, and iphone 12 and higher, anyway, i do have all notifications on the phone and everything is turned on in settings, i mean all notifications in watchOS for whatsup, and no messages or notifications for missed calls, totally nothing, but from all other messengers all great working.

Apple Watch 7 - WhatsApp notifications only showing when disabling “Wrist Detection” !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.