Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How common are problems with iCloud Drive?

My iCloud is working (any apps using Cloudkit) but I am very nearly a month into problems with my iCloud Drive. I noticed that a small Numbers file I'd created on my iPad never made it to my iMac. After a few days, and spotting that if I went to iCloud.com I just got errors when I attempted to access iCloud Drive or any of the web apps (e.g. Numbers) that use it. I raised a support issue and in the course of a day it was escalated to a senior who quickly confirmed the issue was at Apple, not on my devices, and escalated it to engineering, who quickly escalated it internally. They locked my iCloud Drive. That was all on 6 October. Since then I have no working iCloud Drive. I've had to set up a parallel system and it's a nightmare. I have no idea what the problem is, how long it might take to resolve or even if anyone is actually working on it. I keep going back to my senior support guy, but he just emails engineering and gets zero response.

Am I the customer Apple hates or is this sort of thing happening to a number of us? Something going wrong occasionally is normal. Taking a month and still not reconnecting a customer with his files on your server and not even giving updates in that time should not be normal and is utterly unacceptable, as is no means to effectively escalate this to someone who can at least tell me what is going on.

I've found one journalist who had a very, very similar experience and never, despite going to the press office, found out what happened. I see lots of complaints about iCloud services here, but not this. If there is some fundamental issue with iCloud Drive that takes a month to fix when it happens, users need to know that.

So, the question is, has anyone else been here?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 1:52 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 8, 2021 2:17 AM in response to John Vanderlip

The issue is now more than a month old. Thats a month without:

- a functioning iCloud Drive

- any information or contact at all from Apple about what the problem might be or whether anyone is actually attending to it, despite being escalated to a senior support person and to engineering on the first day I reported it

- any suggestions or support in finding a work-round

- any idea if this is ever going to be fixed, how long that might take if it is being worked on or how likely something like this is likely to occur in future

This is genuinely the worse support I have ever received from any tech company and Apple should be deeply ashamed. Apart from anything else, this is a clear breach of my statutory rights under the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015 (specifically because Apple has not applied reasonable skill or attention to a contracted service and because Apple has not provided a service response within a reasonable time. Statutory rights cannot be excluded by Apple's terms and conditions.)

Since Apple make it more or less impossible to complain or even to contact anyone who might be able to solve the issue I feel I am in a Kafka novel, not in a support system.

How common are problems with iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.