Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems w/ exercise/fitness app on Apple Watch

Hi all,

I’m having some difficulty with my fitness/exercise app on Apple Watch Series 6.

When doing exercise the “now playing” section no longer shows the music that is playing, I have to either go to the Spotify app or the main screen and click on the “now playing” section there. I’m super confused why the “now playing” section isn’t showing the music. It just says not playing.

Second, when I close a fitness ring or hit a mile when running Siri will stop the music completely, announce it to me, and then disconnect my AirPods from my phone and I have to go back in and reconnect them. I have announce notifications off for “Watch” and “Fitness” so it shouldn’t be doing that. And even with other notifications that Siri does announce he doesn’t stop the music or disconnect the AirPods it just gets a little quieter.

Device info:

iPhone 11: 15.0.2

Apple Watch Series 6: OS 8.1

If anyone knows anything let me know! Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:25 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Camille_Powell

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Oct 25, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Camille_Powell

So I figured out half of the problem, if you go to the Apple Watch app and click on fitness and scroll down to the bottom and turn off Voice Feedback i’m assuming Siri will stop announcing the workout notifications. I haven’t tried it yet but that would make sense. I’m still having the problem with the “Now Playing” section when doing a workout.

Nov 25, 2021 7:43 AM in response to crocker1234

Hopping on the train here, this was a terrible user experience update. I run long distance, the simple slight vibration was sufficient. Despite disabling notifications it still interrupts my music and I have to manually restart it.

I do not want my music stopped AT ALL let alone every mile + closing rings on my watch for 13 miles. I can get relevant information in half a second looking at my watch but siri wants to take 15 seconds to read it out to me.

If anyone knows how to disable this please let me know.

Problems w/ exercise/fitness app on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.