Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch disconnects from iphone

starting a workout on my Apple Watch and then using my AirPods to listen to music on Spotify through my iPhone causes my AirPods to disconnect from my iPhone once my work out ring closes and then connected to my Apple Watch where Siri then says “move ring closes” resulting in my music playing out loud of my phone.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Hi there Mason,

Let's team up to get your devices working right when using them together.

To start, we'd like to rule out some basics, along with better understanding what's happening:

1. Has this always been the case with your watch and AirPods, and if not, when did it start?
  2. Has a restart of your devices been tried since this first began to occur?
  3. As you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 15.1.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. If you have a compatible watch model, the latest version is watchOS 8.1.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to Update your Apple Watch.

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 4:05 PM in response to Mason7834

Hi there Mason,

Let's team up to get your devices working right when using them together.

To start, we'd like to rule out some basics, along with better understanding what's happening:

1. Has this always been the case with your watch and AirPods, and if not, when did it start?
  2. Has a restart of your devices been tried since this first began to occur?
  3. As you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 15.1.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. If you have a compatible watch model, the latest version is watchOS 8.1.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to Update your Apple Watch.

Take care!

Apple Watch disconnects from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.