Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime is faulty when creating link

i updated my iphone 11 to ios 15.1 and i couldn’t create a facetime link. it’s like the button has been disabled. anyone facing the same issue?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 8:31 PM

I am using iOS version 15.1 and have no issues creating a link. Open The FaceTime app and you should have two options. New FaceTime and Create Link.

Tapping on Create Link opens up a share sheet with multitude of options to share the link with.

If Tapping on Create Link does not work or has no reaction, then check to see whether you have Low Power Mode enabled and if you do then disable it. Try again.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 8:31 PM in response to Weeyeeern

I am using iOS version 15.1 and have no issues creating a link. Open The FaceTime app and you should have two options. New FaceTime and Create Link.

Tapping on Create Link opens up a share sheet with multitude of options to share the link with.

If Tapping on Create Link does not work or has no reaction, then check to see whether you have Low Power Mode enabled and if you do then disable it. Try again.

Axel F.

Oct 25, 2021 8:06 PM in response to Weeyeeern

Weeyeeern Said:

"facetime is faulty when creating link: i updated my iphone 11 to ios 15.1 and i couldn’t create a facetime link. it’s like the button has been disabled. anyone facing the same issue?"

-------

Lost the "FaceTime" Widget?:

No. I have not come across this issue.

Perform Two Things:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

Also...

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout

facetime is faulty when creating link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.