Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control Not Working

*Macbook Pro Late 2020 13'' and iPad Pro 2021 12.9''*

I updated my MacBook to new MacOS Monterey and my iPad to the newest iPadOS 15.1

I tried to place my iPad next to my MacBook but I can't move the cursor between two devices. I've also tried to turn off/on Handoff on both devices.

I chatted with customer service from Apple, they asked me to send them a screenshot of the Bluetooth on the System report, after a while they told me my MacBook is compatible with Universal Control feature, but my Bluetooth on the device not compatible so I can't use Universal Control.

What does it mean? Does anyone know how to solve it?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 9:30 PM

I don't know who you talked with when you contacted Apple Support, however, the information that you have from them is NOT correct. Universal Control is a feature of macOS Monterey, however, it is NOT activated with the first release. It will be activated in a near future macOS update. At this time, no matter what you do, Universal Control will not work until the future update.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 9:30 PM in response to quan292

I don't know who you talked with when you contacted Apple Support, however, the information that you have from them is NOT correct. Universal Control is a feature of macOS Monterey, however, it is NOT activated with the first release. It will be activated in a near future macOS update. At this time, no matter what you do, Universal Control will not work until the future update.

Axel F.

Universal Control Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.